Before Leaving The Hospital
Asthma Medicines After A Hospital Visit
Oral steroid medicine:
Controller (Preventer) medicine:
Note: If your child needs Reliever medicine every 4 hours for more than two days after discharge, call your doctor or nurse.
When to Return to the Hospital?
GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY CARE SITE RIGHT AWAY!
How Can You Prevent Future Hospital Visits For Asthma?
1. Know your child’s asthma triggers. Remove or avoid them whenever possible.
2. Know your child’s asthma medicines, and how and when to use them.
3. Recognize early warning signs that asthma is getting worse:
4. Have your doctor complete an Asthma Action Plan. Know how to use it.
5. See your doctor at least twice a year to review your Asthma Action Plan .
The Asthma Action Plan
Be sure to work with your child’s doctor to complete a new written Asthma Action Plan at your follow-up appointment.