Using your Spacer Device with an MDI
1. Remove the cap and shake the MDI.
2. Insert the mouthpiece of the MDI into the opening at the end of the Aerochamber®.
3. Seal lips around spacer mouthpiece.
4. Depress the canister to allow medication to enter the Aerochamber®. Breathe in slowly & deeply.
5. Hold breath for 10 seconds.
Care of an Aerochamber®
1. REMOVE the caps.
2. SHAKE the MDI.
3. ASSEMBLE the MDI mouthpiece in the chamber.
4. SEAL lips around spacer mouthpiece.
5. DEPRESS the canister.
6. INHALE: Slowly and deeply and hold breath for 10 seconds.
8. For second puff, wait 60 seconds and repeat steps 2 to 7.
Click the video for a demonstration
The Children's Allergy & Asthma Education Centre ©2013