How to use the Diskus®
1. Open: hold the outer case in one hand and put the thumb of the other hand on the thumb grip.
2. Push the thumb as far as it will go until a "click" is heard.
3. Slide: Slide the lever away as far as it will go until a click is heard.
4. Hold the Diskus® inhaler away from the mouth and exhale completely.
5. With the mouthpiece to the lips, inhale quickly and deeply through the Diskus® inhaler.
6. Remove the Diskus® inhaler.
7. Hold your breath for about 10 seconds, then breathe out slowly.
8. Close: Slide the thumb grip as far as it will go until a click is heard. The lever is automatically reset for the next dose.
Care of a Diskus®
1. Store the device in a dry place, not in a damp environment (i.e. bathroom).
2. Diskus® is to be closed when not in use; only slide open when ready to take dose.
3. Diskus® is to be kept away from direct frost, heat or sunlight and from high temperatures (above 30°C).
1. OPEN the Diskus®.
2. SLIDE the lever to the "click".
3. EXHALE, then seal lips around the mouthpiece.
4. INHALE quickly and deeply.
5. BREATH HOLD for 10 sec.
6. CLOSE the Diskus®
7. For second dose, repeat steps 1 to 6.
The Children's Allergy & Asthma Education Centre ©2014