How to use the EpiPen® Auto-Injector
1. Hold the EpiPen® in your fist.
2. Remove the blue cap
3. Place orange tip against mid outer thigh. See the diagram for the marked area on either leg.
4. Push against leg firmly until you hear a "click".
5. Hold in place for a slow count of 10.
6. Remove the EpiPen® and get help to go to the nearest hospital.
1. Hold in fist.
2. Pull off cap.
3. Place against leg.
4. Push to “click”.
5. Hold for 10 seconds.
6. Go to hospital.
How to use the EpiPen®
For further information about the EpiPen® go to www.epipen.ca
The Children's Allergy & Asthma Education Centre ©2011, 2014